Wednesday 18 November 2009

Relax ? Shmallax !

If I had the ability to relax then this evening would be an evening for that. But relaxing doesn’t come easy to me. Funny this, because some people I'm sure would think that I am a very relaxed person. Those people don't know me too well.

I can physically lie on the sofa and appear to stare at the TV or whatever, but I rarely stay there, care free for a whole evening. I just can’t do it. I’ve caught up with the editing that I needed to do, I’ve just had a bath and now I’m writing this blog.
I think part of this inability to completely switch off comes from living alone. You’d think it’d be the other way round, huh?
If I lived with a boy I would be able to relax, I’ve done it before. The reason being - they’d encourage me to take keep still. That, or the guy would be pottering around, himself, which would negate the necessity for me to.
Oh what a complex life we live, eh?

Oh well, the main thing is that I accept who I am. Just because I lack the ability to do nothing is no major trauma. I also lack the ability to call 'relaxing', 'Chilling out' or God for bid 'Chillaxing'. Grr...And let me tell you good people - I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, take a chill pill, OK.
But I can participate in the aforementioned crimes of the English language, when it really matters, and that’s sitting on a beach somewhere hot. Oh yes, I can do bugger all for hours, then. Hell, for days.

My basic life philosophy is about Acceptance. I try to be the best I can and in between that, I try and accept my failings and be observant of my goodness.
Whatever I do or don’t do is alright as long as it doesn’t get in the way of my day to day productivity and happiness.
All I need to do try and do is accept myself with my imperfections. ‘Perfectly imperfect’ as Blue calls it.
So, on that note Mon Cherrys, I’m going to start straightening my hair while watching 'Banged up Abroad'... this should kill a couple of hours before bed.








http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hooked-Survived-Prostitution-Londons-Nightlife/dp/1845966031/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252794549&sr=1-1



http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hooked-Survived-Prostitution-Londons-Nightlife/dp/1845966031/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252794549&sr=1-1